NOVEMBER 2022: Government seeking to extend planning permission exemptions for further categories of development.
Report published in The Irish Times, Thursday 17th November 2022
No planning permission needed for two years on converting buildings to house Ukrainian refugees
Changes needed to cope with huge demand for accommodation faced since the outbreak of war in Ukraine, says Minister
Refugees at the Ukraine Crisis Centre Ireland eating Borsch, a Ukrainian home comfort soup (photo). There are acute concerns in Government about the State’s capacity to house Ukrainian refugees.
Thu Nov 17 2022 - 17:53
Planning permission will not be required to convert buildings to house refugees for the next two years due to “unprecedented numbers” seeking protection in Ireland, Minister of State for Housing Malcolm Noonan has told an Oireachtas housing committee.
Mr Noonan was briefing the committee on the proposed amendments to the planning and development regulations which would mean the conversion of a non-residential building by the State to house people seeking international protection, would be exempt from the requirement to obtain planning permission.
If approved by the Oireachtas next week, it was the intention the amendments would be signed into law “at the earliest possible date” Mr Noonan said.
The changes were needed to cope with the huge demand for accommodation faced since the outbreak of war in Ukraine, he said.
“It is quite clear that there are now unprecedented numbers of persons seeking refuge in Ireland, from both Ukraine and other countries, and the pressure to accommodate the 63,000 people that have arrived here since the start of the year – equating to a city with the population of Waterford – has led to significant difficulties in the provision of necessary accommodation, particularly for the international protection cohort,” Mr Noonan told the committee.
“This temporary change of use planning exemption will assist the Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and his Department in providing much needed accommodation for persons seeking international protection at a time where there is unprecedented demand for their services.”
The move would enable the use of a “wide list of buildings and structures to accommodate or support persons seeking international protection,” he said. However, the exemption would not apply to the use of protected structures if the conversion would “materially affect” the building.
The amendment will expire on December 31st 2024, with the use of the buildings to house refugees ending at this point, he said.
There was cross-party welcome on the committee for the amendment, but TDs sought assurances there would be clear and early communication with communities in advance of any building conversion. They also asked the exemption would not be extended without either using the normal planning process or seeking further resolution of the Oireachtas.
“If there is a need to extend, it would have to be passed by the Houses of the Oireachtas,” Mr Noonan said. “We are hearing loud and clear the points made in relation to communication and information and I think that’s really important. It is challenging to do well, but I think it’s important we do do it well and get the correct information out in a timely manner to communities.”
Between this year and next year the Government will spend €2 billion on supporting people from Ukraine coming to Ireland, the Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney told an audience in the Washington.
Mr Coveney said Ireland had already spent nearly €70 million on equipment and supplies provided to the Ukrainian military “in an effort to try help them to defend themselves and their people”. He said Ireland provided non-lethal material such as body armour, helmets, uniforms, blankets, fuel and medicines.
“So far 63,000 Ukrainians have come to Ireland for refuge”, he said.
Report published in The Irish Times, Thursday 17th November 2022
No planning permission needed for two years on converting buildings to house Ukrainian refugees
Changes needed to cope with huge demand for accommodation faced since the outbreak of war in Ukraine, says Minister
Refugees at the Ukraine Crisis Centre Ireland eating Borsch, a Ukrainian home comfort soup (photo). There are acute concerns in Government about the State’s capacity to house Ukrainian refugees.
Thu Nov 17 2022 - 17:53
Planning permission will not be required to convert buildings to house refugees for the next two years due to “unprecedented numbers” seeking protection in Ireland, Minister of State for Housing Malcolm Noonan has told an Oireachtas housing committee.
Mr Noonan was briefing the committee on the proposed amendments to the planning and development regulations which would mean the conversion of a non-residential building by the State to house people seeking international protection, would be exempt from the requirement to obtain planning permission.
If approved by the Oireachtas next week, it was the intention the amendments would be signed into law “at the earliest possible date” Mr Noonan said.
The changes were needed to cope with the huge demand for accommodation faced since the outbreak of war in Ukraine, he said.
“It is quite clear that there are now unprecedented numbers of persons seeking refuge in Ireland, from both Ukraine and other countries, and the pressure to accommodate the 63,000 people that have arrived here since the start of the year – equating to a city with the population of Waterford – has led to significant difficulties in the provision of necessary accommodation, particularly for the international protection cohort,” Mr Noonan told the committee.
“This temporary change of use planning exemption will assist the Minister for Children, Equality, Disability, Integration and Youth and his Department in providing much needed accommodation for persons seeking international protection at a time where there is unprecedented demand for their services.”
The move would enable the use of a “wide list of buildings and structures to accommodate or support persons seeking international protection,” he said. However, the exemption would not apply to the use of protected structures if the conversion would “materially affect” the building.
The amendment will expire on December 31st 2024, with the use of the buildings to house refugees ending at this point, he said.
There was cross-party welcome on the committee for the amendment, but TDs sought assurances there would be clear and early communication with communities in advance of any building conversion. They also asked the exemption would not be extended without either using the normal planning process or seeking further resolution of the Oireachtas.
“If there is a need to extend, it would have to be passed by the Houses of the Oireachtas,” Mr Noonan said. “We are hearing loud and clear the points made in relation to communication and information and I think that’s really important. It is challenging to do well, but I think it’s important we do do it well and get the correct information out in a timely manner to communities.”
Between this year and next year the Government will spend €2 billion on supporting people from Ukraine coming to Ireland, the Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney told an audience in the Washington.
Mr Coveney said Ireland had already spent nearly €70 million on equipment and supplies provided to the Ukrainian military “in an effort to try help them to defend themselves and their people”. He said Ireland provided non-lethal material such as body armour, helmets, uniforms, blankets, fuel and medicines.
“So far 63,000 Ukrainians have come to Ireland for refuge”, he said.
The Minister told an audience at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington that if proportionately a similar number had arrived in the United States it would have seen 3.5 million people from Ukraine arriving in six months.
He said 80 per cent of those coming to Ireland from Ukraine had required State-provided accommodation.
He said one in every four hotel rooms in the country were now taken and paid for by the State to accommodate Ukrainian families.
Mr Coveney said the State had committed a huge amount of resources to support Ukraine since the start of the war.
“Between this year and next we are planning the provision of about €2 billion in terms of the cost to support Ukrainians properly who come to Ireland in terms of their needs and supports.”
“These are not small commitments for a country like Ireland. We have gone from zero to one per cent of our population being Ukrainian in six months.”
Mr Coveney said Ireland was not neutral in relation to the Russian invasion and that the country was taking sides in supporting Ukraine.
“We believe we have a moral obligation to do so and I do not think we would be credible international partner if we did not,” he said.
He said 80 per cent of those coming to Ireland from Ukraine had required State-provided accommodation.
He said one in every four hotel rooms in the country were now taken and paid for by the State to accommodate Ukrainian families.
Mr Coveney said the State had committed a huge amount of resources to support Ukraine since the start of the war.
“Between this year and next we are planning the provision of about €2 billion in terms of the cost to support Ukrainians properly who come to Ireland in terms of their needs and supports.”
“These are not small commitments for a country like Ireland. We have gone from zero to one per cent of our population being Ukrainian in six months.”
Mr Coveney said Ireland was not neutral in relation to the Russian invasion and that the country was taking sides in supporting Ukraine.
“We believe we have a moral obligation to do so and I do not think we would be credible international partner if we did not,” he said.
Malachy Steenson Red FM
Late Stage Ireland
Malachy Steenson did fantastic on Red FM this morning discussing the asylum racket situation in East Wall.
He got a lot of facts out. Only a shame that Neil Prendeville in Cork is the only talk show host in the country who would give him a fair hearing, but once you hear it, you'll understand why other radio stations won't.
These are the facts they don't want the public hearing.
👉 Join Late Stage Ireland
He got a lot of facts out. Only a shame that Neil Prendeville in Cork is the only talk show host in the country who would give him a fair hearing, but once you hear it, you'll understand why other radio stations won't.
These are the facts they don't want the public hearing.
👉 Join Late Stage Ireland
Listen to Malachy Steenson, on RedFM speaking about the EastWall population replacement centre by katsu on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/user-927740719/malachy-steenson-on-redfm/s-is22x3xvTHQ?ref=whatsapp-image&p=a&c=1&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=message&utm_campaign=social_sharing
https://soundcloud.com/user-927740719/malachy-steenson-on-redfm/s-is22x3xvTHQ?ref=whatsapp-image&p=a&c=1&utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=message&utm_campaign=social_sharing
SoundCloud
Malachy Steenson, on RedFM speaking about the EastWall population replacement centre
👎1
Just another example of the way ordinary people up and down the country are feeling right now.
Free Speech People's Rally Saturday 3rd December - assemble 1pm O'Connell Bridge Dublin
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF9Yvj8E
Free Speech People's Rally Saturday 3rd December - assemble 1pm O'Connell Bridge Dublin
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF9Yvj8E
TikTok
John on TikTok
Cmon ppl we have to stand up before it gets two late I no u mite not care now once u have ur bed but when it comes knocking on ur door if u get fired or something u will agree with me then FACTS 🤮
👍1
Forwarded from The Irish Git (Michael Brazil)
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Is the HPRA safe and effective???
Forwarded from JoeCool9999
I would point out that the UN Global Compact on Migration which our government signed up to in 2018 included recommendation to implement Laws which will make it a crime to criticise Migration policy - that is what the Hate Speech laws are for - the Compact declares Migration to be a Basic Human Right - to protest against our country being flooded until we are in the minority will become a crime if this Bill goes through.....!
👍1🤮1
https://overdeewall.com/from-wicklow-to-tallaght-details-in-video-below/
From Wicklow to Tallaght. Details in Video Below.
From Wicklow to Tallaght. Details in Video Below.
👍1
Forwarded from Peter Madden Channel
https://overdeewall.com/from-wicklow-to-tallaght-details-in-video-below/
From Wicklow to Tallaght. Details in Video Below.
From Wicklow to Tallaght. Details in Video Below.
Listen to this...Some women talking to a fakugee ( 'I worked in London ') outside the EastWall plantation centre this evening. Dublin, Ireland now
#Irelandisfull #EastWall #Globalistsout #SaveOurSpeech
#Irelandisfull #EastWall #Globalistsout #SaveOurSpeech
Listen to fakugee ('I worked in London') outside the EastWall plantation centre Dublin this evening 24 Nov 22 by katsu on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Wy96Y
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Wy96Y
SoundCloud
fakugee ('I worked in London ') outside the EastWall plantation centre Dublin this evening 24 Nov 22
👎1
Conversation with an asylum seeker in East Wall
A conversation with a north African asylum seeker staying at the old ESB office in East Wall.
He says he came over by boat from Britain to Northern Ireland and then took the train to Dublin, didn't have to show any ID at any point.
He says he's been in at least 13 countries before arriving in Ireland including France, Germany and Greece and was previously working in London.
Thanks to @PeterMadden for the clip.
He says he came over by boat from Britain to Northern Ireland and then took the train to Dublin, didn't have to show any ID at any point.
He says he's been in at least 13 countries before arriving in Ireland including France, Germany and Greece and was previously working in London.
Thanks to @PeterMadden for the clip.
👎1
Forwarded from Saints and Scholars
Media is too big
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/tuam-mother-and-baby-home-the-trouble-with-the-septic-tank-story-1.1823393
''I never used that word ‘dumped’,” Catherine Corless, a local historian in Co Galway, tells The Irish Times. “I never said to anyone that 800 bodies were dumped in a septic tank. That did not come from me at any point. They are not my words''
Incredible journalism from the Irish Times.
This now forgotten article is a must read. Read and share it before the Irish establishment has it removed.
''I never used that word ‘dumped’,” Catherine Corless, a local historian in Co Galway, tells The Irish Times. “I never said to anyone that 800 bodies were dumped in a septic tank. That did not come from me at any point. They are not my words''
Incredible journalism from the Irish Times.
This now forgotten article is a must read. Read and share it before the Irish establishment has it removed.
👍1
Forwarded from The Irish Inquiry
Just in:
Quarter 2 Irish Central Statistic Office figures released.
There has been a 39% increase in deaths in this 3 month period compared to previous years, including the pandemic years 2020 and 2021.
However, don't look too much into this, as according to the CSO it's difficult to compare figures accurately due to the HSE cyber attack.
Yes, they're really saying that. That's the level of plausibility being presented at this juncture. Along with the claim that 621 deaths occurred from Covid 19 in this 12 week period.
How is it possible that 621 deaths occurred in such a short space of time, post vaccine rollout? In a freedom of information request to the CSO, they stated that 156 deaths resulted solely from Covid 19 throughout 2020 & and the first three quarters of 2021 combined. At the height of the Pandemic.
What spin will the media put on all of this, that is if they even decide to report on this huge increase in deaths at all.
It would appear as if there is a deliberate attempt to ignore or misrepresent the facts.
It would also appear as if a lot of distraction and misdirection is being created now.
It is vital to keep our attention on the issue of mass migration, but we must also be careful not to segue our focus away from the vaccine fallout, especially in light of the recently released documentary #diedsuddenly.
Quarter 2 Irish Central Statistic Office figures released.
There has been a 39% increase in deaths in this 3 month period compared to previous years, including the pandemic years 2020 and 2021.
However, don't look too much into this, as according to the CSO it's difficult to compare figures accurately due to the HSE cyber attack.
Yes, they're really saying that. That's the level of plausibility being presented at this juncture. Along with the claim that 621 deaths occurred from Covid 19 in this 12 week period.
How is it possible that 621 deaths occurred in such a short space of time, post vaccine rollout? In a freedom of information request to the CSO, they stated that 156 deaths resulted solely from Covid 19 throughout 2020 & and the first three quarters of 2021 combined. At the height of the Pandemic.
What spin will the media put on all of this, that is if they even decide to report on this huge increase in deaths at all.
It would appear as if there is a deliberate attempt to ignore or misrepresent the facts.
It would also appear as if a lot of distraction and misdirection is being created now.
It is vital to keep our attention on the issue of mass migration, but we must also be careful not to segue our focus away from the vaccine fallout, especially in light of the recently released documentary #diedsuddenly.
👍1
Peter Madden Channel pinned «Listen to fakugee ('I worked in London') outside the EastWall plantation centre Dublin this evening 24 Nov 22 by katsu on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/Wy96Y»