Former Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro should stand trial on charges related to an alleged plot to overturn the 2022 election results, the country’s Supreme Court has determined.
Bolsonaro was among 34 people charged last month with five crimes, including attempting a coup d’état. Part of the coup plot, prosecutors allege, involved a plan to potentially assassinate elected President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, his vice president and a minister of the Supreme Court. Bolsonaro has denied wrongdoing.
The court on Wednesday decided unanimously to fully accept the charges against eight of the accused, including Bolsonaro, his vice presidential candidate and other military and political leaders.
https://edition.cnn.com/2025/03/26/americas/brazil-bolsonaro-stand-trial-coup-charges/index.html
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
CNN
Former Brazilian President Bolsonaro to stand trial on coup charges, court rules
Bolsonaro should stand trial on charges related to an alleged plot to overturn the 2022 election results, the country’s Supreme Court has determined.
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
"I toured the CECOT, El Salvador’s Terrorism Confinement Center.
President Trump and I have a clear message to criminal illegal aliens: LEAVE NOW.
If you do not leave, we will hunt you down, arrest you, and you could end up in this El Salvadorian prison."
🔗 Sec_Noem
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Forwarded from South Africa Reports
Under the new Expropriation Act, the government can legally take anything you own, including your vehicle, personal belongings, and financial assets.
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Forwarded from South Africa Reports
The South African Constitutional Court denied AfriForum's application to appeal prior rulings that determined the "Kill the Boer" chant does not constitute hate speech.
The decision upholds judgments from the Equality Court and the Supreme Court of Appeal which found the chant is not hate speech and not a call to violence. The court concluded that AfriForum’s appeal lacked reasonable prospects of success and refused the matter without hearing a single argument.
This ruling comes mere days after U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said that the anti-white chant "Kill the Boer" incites violence.
Rubio’s statement, which came only a few days after Julius Malema sang the song on Human Rights Day, criticized South African leaders for not protecting Afrikaners and other minorities, offering U.S. support for those facing threats.
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
This media is not supported in your browser
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
“We’re going to make sure that we inflict as much pain as possible [on] the American people without inflicting pain on the Canadian population.”
🔗 AF Post
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Europe and the United States of America have to create a “road map” with agreements about the U.S. withdrawal, the Minister of Defense, Ruben Brekelmans, has said. "Let us shape the transition together with the United States and not panic."
The Americans have indicated that Europe will have to take much more responsibility regarding their own safety. The U.S. wants to focus more of its attention on Asia. Brekelmans said on Tuesday during a debate in parliament that the U.S. withdraw will not come out of nowhere. “We should not be moving faster than the Americans themselves on this.”
The minister is calling for a road map to be developed for the transition. This document should include what the Americans will do less of in the short term and what Europe will have to take over. This will take years to do as Europe does not have important capacities like satellite communications, air transport, or intelligence.
https://nltimes.nl/2025/03/27/dutch-government-wants-create-road-map-us-withdrawal-europe
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
NL Times
Dutch government wants to create “road map” for U.S. withdrawal from Europe
Europe and the United States of America have to create a “road map” with agreements about the U.S. withdrawal, the Minister of Defense, Ruben Brekelmans, has said. "Let us shape the transition together with the United States and not panic."
🔗 The Spectator Index
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Forwarded from Thermopylae
"Paradoxically, yearning for a strong state, Abu Dhabi’s ruling elite has created a network of strongmen whose reliance on armed violence has done more to destabilise central governments and undermine state sovereignty across the region
The UAE’s support for the RSF is just one piece of a much wider networked puzzle, which aims to generate strategic depth through a web of intermediaries. Abu Dhabi has established itself as a hub in a regional network that not only augments the UAE’s limited capacity and status, but creates an organic, self-sustaining system of interdependence, where nodes operate with degrees of autonomy that in turn provide the UAE with plausible deniability"
https://www.middleeasteye.net/big-story/abu-dhabi-built-axis-secessionists-across-region-how
🔗 andreas_krieg
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Middle East Eye
How Abu Dhabi built an axis of secessionists across the region
From North Africa to the Gulf, the UAE has aggressively expanded its counter-revolutionary strategy in the wake of the Arab Spring
At least 158 precision air and naval strikes targeting Houthi infrastructure & leadership.
My most detailed brief ever and an unprecedented look at U.S. strike operations in Yemen:
🧵 https://fxtwitter.com/ianellisjones/status/1905749402251415861
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
🧵 Thread • FxTwitter
Ian Ellis (@ianellisjones)
🚨 Unclassified Report — Inside America’s 14-day ongoing strike campaign against the Houthi
At least 158 precision air and naval strikes targeting Houthi infrastructure & leadership.
My most detailed brief ever and an unprecedented look at U.S. strike operations…
At least 158 precision air and naval strikes targeting Houthi infrastructure & leadership.
My most detailed brief ever and an unprecedented look at U.S. strike operations…
🚘🔋 Tesla Takedown Revolutionaries Prepare Mobilization Nationwide
Far-left revolutionaries behind the "Tesla Takedown" color revolution operation have identified dozens of Tesla targets nationwide and are preparing to mobilize far-left agitators aligned with the Democratic Party to those locations as soon as Saturday, in what the rogue group—reportedly funded by Soros-linked organizations like Indivisible—calls a "Global Day of Action."
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tesla-takedown-revolutionaries-prepare-mobilization-far-left-agitators-nationwide
Far-left revolutionaries behind the "Tesla Takedown" color revolution operation have identified dozens of Tesla targets nationwide and are preparing to mobilize far-left agitators aligned with the Democratic Party to those locations as soon as Saturday, in what the rogue group—reportedly funded by Soros-linked organizations like Indivisible—calls a "Global Day of Action."
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tesla-takedown-revolutionaries-prepare-mobilization-far-left-agitators-nationwide
ZeroHedge
Tesla Takedown Revolutionaries Prepare Mobilization Nationwide
Far-left revolutionaries behind the "Tesla Takedown" color revolution operation...
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/state-department-absorb-remaining-usaid-programming-independent-agency-dismantled
🔗 AF Post
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
It’s not entirely legal, yet its copper flows to top commodity traders.
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2025-copper-conflict-peru-indigenous-mining/
https://archive.ph/aPAA4
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Bloomberg.com
Contentious Copper Boom Sparks Existential Mining Crisis in Peru
The nation’s massive copper deposits are key to meeting growing global demand. A battle has emerged over who gets to mine and sell them.
Cavit, the losses this month are low, so they are more prone to be outliers in the ratios of types lost.
So far, 41 tanks confirmed destroyed in March, seven each of T-72 nd T-62s.
🔗 Richard Vereker
📝 Woofers: It’s interesting. Most assumed that Russian T-72As would keep getting refurbished and they’d last the longest. But at the end of the day, it seems that it’s the T-80s which are sustaining the Russian army. Something they should be concerned about considering stockpiles.
🔗 Woofers
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
President of Somalia Hassan Sheikh Mohamud has reportedly written a letter to U.S. President Donald Trump, offering exclusive control over key strategic assets in Somalia. The offer includes the ports of Berbera and Bosaso, as well as the airbases of Baledogle and Berbera, in exchange for increased American engagement in the region.
President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud’s decision to reach out to the United States comes amidst a rapidly deteriorating security situation in southern Somalia. The FGS has been losing ground in its war against the Al-Shabab militant group, with the government’s control extending little beyond the capital city of Mogadishu.
Somaliland, which declared independence from Somalia in 1991, has long sought international recognition as a sovereign state. The region has established its own government, currency, and security forces, and has been out of Mogadishu’s control for decades.
Similarly, Puntland, a semi-autonomous region in northeastern Somalia, has also refused to recognize the new constitution of 31 March 2024, withdrawing its recognition of the FGS. Puntland has accused the FGS of failing to consult with regional stakeholders and of attempting to centralize power at the expense of the federal member states.
The assets offered by President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud to the United States are indeed strategically significant. The ports of Berbera and Bosaso are vital for maritime trade and security in the region. The Berbera port, in particular, has been the subject of international interest, with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Ethiopia both investing in its development as a regional trade hub. The base’s location, close to the Bab el-Mandeb strait, makes it a valuable asset for monitoring maritime traffic and responding to potential threats.
https://thesomalidigest.com/mogadishu-offers-what-it-doesnt-control-in-desperate-bid-for-u-s-support/
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
Somali News in English | The Somali Digest
Mogadishu Offers What It Doesn’t Control in Desperate Bid for U.S. Support
Mogadishu, SOMALIA - President of Somalia Hassan Sheikh Mohamud has reportedly written a letter to U.S. President Donald Trump, offering
/CIG/ Telegram | Counter Intelligence Global
Hong Kong conglomerate CK Hutchison, led by tycoon Li Ka-shing, will not sign a deal next week to sell its two strategic ports at the Panama Canal to a BlackRock-led group, the South China Morning Post reported on Friday.
The deal was expected to be signed on April 2, according to the sale announcement made on March 4.
It is understood the situation does not mean the deal has been called off, the South China Morning Post added, citing the source.
CK Hutchison and BlackRock did not immediately respond to a Reuters request for comment. Chinese authorities have reacted negatively to plans by the conglomerate, while the deal was hailed by U.S. President Donald Trump who wants to retake control of the strategic waterway.
https://gcaptain.com/china-halts-panama-port-sale-to-blackrock/
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
gCaptain
China Halts Panama Port Sale to BlackRock
Hong Kong conglomerate CK Hutchison, led by tycoon Li Ka-shing, will not sign a deal next week to sell its two strategic ports at the Panama Canal to a BlackRock-led group, the South China Morning Post reported on Friday.
/CIG/ Telegram | Counter Intelligence Global
The Israeli military says it expanded its ground offensive in the southern Gaza Strip in the past few hours.
Troops pushed into the al-Jneina neighborhood of Rafah, as part of efforts to expand a buffer zone along the borders of the Strip, the IDF says.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-it-expanded-ground-op-in-southern-gaza-pushing-further-into-rafah/
Please open Telegram to view this post
VIEW IN TELEGRAM
The Times of Israel
IDF says it expanded ground op in southern Gaza, pushing further into Rafah
* * *